Do souls exist?

Discussions relating to conciousness, spirituality, and the great dilemma between materialism and dualism

Re: Do souls exist?

Postby Brandon Norgaard on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 pm

guest wrote:The living soal is a direct result of the very glorious occasion we celebrate this weekend; that is Easter and the Resurrection of the Savior of the World. Not only does the Soul exist; but so does the immortal soal. All living things will be resurrected and live forever.This is his Gift to all Man and animals. "As in Adam All die; even so in Christ shall All be made alive".

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, guest. Your post is quite preachy, but I'll say within the bounds of acceptable discourse. You didn't back up any of your statements with evidence or reasoning, but I guess for you this is not necessary for belief. Now that you have made your point, please don't simply repeat yourself. You can certainly provide reasons for believing as you do, but circular reasoning and repeating statements that have already been made is not the right way to go here. Do you have any reason for believing as you do, something that has not already been stated and does not rely on circular reasoning?
Brandon Norgaard
Site Admin

Postby adeelgr8 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:39 am

To be very honest.What I observed about soul/ghost was complete failure.Which gives me more anxiety about the afterlife whether it exists or not.I have been through haunted places,cemeteries,roads,house but I didn't find a single trace of them.I would be much happier if someone shows the strong evidences about the existence of soul/spirit.
adeelgr8

Postby Brandon Norgaard on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 pm

adeelgr8 wrote:To be very honest.What I observed about soul/ghost was complete failure.Which gives me more anxiety about the afterlife whether it exists or not.I have been through haunted places,cemeteries,roads,house but I didn't find a single trace of them.I would be much happier if someone shows the strong evidences about the existence of soul/spirit.

Thanks for the post. I agree that there doesn't seem to be direct evidence that there are souls or that we as humans have souls. I wrote a blog posting a while back where I try to make the case that we can reasonably conclude that we have souls by understanding the structures of our own conscious experience. If you have time, read it and let me know what you think. Here is the link.

Oh, and if you would like an account for this forum, send me an email and I will create one for you. Sorry, but I turned off the feature that allows people to create their own accounts because there are programs that will create lots of fake accounts just to overload the forum with spam. Until I figure out how to deal with that, I will just be creating accounts for anyone who asks for one. Send me an email at brandon@enlightenedworldview.com and I will create your account. Thanks again for the post.
Brandon Norgaard
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Nature of the Self