The afterlife

Discussions relating to conciousness, spirituality, and the great dilemma between materialism and dualism

The afterlife

Postby Brandon Norgaard on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 pm

What happens after we die? Is there an afterlife? Does life simply end? Is it completely impossible to answer this question on the basis of evidence?
Brandon Norgaard
Site Admin

Re: The afterlife

Postby anthony6 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:27 pm

The afterlife is hard to deny when you have personally seen a ghost. However I have little evidence that we go on in spirit for years and years.
What is a fact for me is "that I came from this Earth and will return to it in one way or another.
If we consider that there is evolution then some of what I just posted makes a lot of sense.
This is a very deep subject in which I have researched for many years and wrote a lot of stuff about it.
Wayne 8-)
anthony6

Re: The afterlife

Postby Brandon Norgaard on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:48 pm

anthony6 wrote:The afterlife is hard to deny when you have personally seen a ghost. However I have little evidence that we go on in spirit for years and years.
What is a fact for me is "that I came from this Earth and will return to it in one way or another.
If we consider that there is evolution then some of what I just posted makes a lot of sense.
This is a very deep subject in which I have researched for many years and wrote a lot of stuff about it.
Wayne 8-)

Thanks Anthony for your post and welcome to this site. I haven't seen a ghost, but I actually believe in the afterlife anyways. Now, I am one to not believe in something unless there is some sort of evidence, but I think that the best explanation to the problem of evil that I can find involves the afterlife, so therefore I believe in it. I wrote a detailed argument for this in the topic "The Problem of Evil" within this forum.

What have you wrote about this topic and have you posted it on some website, or are you willing to post some of it here?
Brandon Norgaard
Site Admin

Return to The Nature of the Self